How to protect against Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)Gama York
WHO’s standard recommendations for everybody are to reduce exposure to and transmission of a range of illnesses are as follows, which include hand and respiratory hygiene, and safe food practices:
- Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water;
- When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – throw the tissue away immediately and wash hands;
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has a fever and cough;
- If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing seek medical care early and share previous travel history with your health care provider;
- When visiting live markets in areas currently experiencing cases of a novel coronavirus, avoid direct unprotected contact with live animals and surfaces in contact with animals;
- The consumption of raw or undercooked animal products should be avoided. Raw meat, milk or animal organs should be handled with care, to avoid cross-contamination with uncooked foods, as per good food safety practices.
Experts also recommend:
- When going outside wear gloves
- If you are in a social situation where you should remove your gloves
- Change gloves daily, washing them thoroughly, and avoid wearing damp gloves.
- Masks are useless when worn outdoors and may not be very helpful even indoors.
- Inside your household, remove all of the towels from your bathrooms and kitchen immediately
- Be careful with doorknobs.
- If you share meals, do not use your personal chopsticks and utensils or use disposable ones.
The following products DO NOT CURE the virus but help towards a better hygiene strategy for both your business and your family.
Alcohol Hand Gel 5l
Alcohol Hand Gel 5l is an essential product for hands hygiene in a wide range of commercial environments and it offers a money-saving solution
Our Alcohol Hand Gel 5l offers an economical solution to refill your own pump bottles , use with a Pelican Pump, or with a wall-mounted dispenser .
Fast Drying Antibacterial Spray 1l BS EN 13697
Sechelle Fast Drying Antibacterial Spray 1l is a professional cleaner and sanitiser spray is ideal for food businesses and meets the requirements of British Standard BS EN 13697!
Sechelle Fast Drying Antibacterial Spray 1l is created to work on hard surfaces such as stainless steel worktops, hobs and oven tops where a powerful, deep-cleansing, sanitising and degreasing solution is often needed. It will dry fast (30 seconds contact time) and will kill germs and bacteria. It is ideal to use for removing grease and grime faster.
As the product conforms to EN 13697, it’s been proven to successfully remove common food-borne bacteria. The product has a contact time of 30 seconds for surface disinfection.
GAMA Food Safe Sanitiser 5l
GAMA Food Safe Sanitiser 1l is ready to use solution for trigger sprays that offer high dirt and grease removal properties combined with superior biocidal action. Therefore, it is easy to use and safe for food. Most importantly, it kills all bacteria and flora commonly encountered in food preparation areas and effectively reduces the risk of cross-contamination.
Lemon Disinfectant 5l
Ideal for kitchens, washrooms and anywhere that needs a hygienically clean floor or walls, this Lemon Disinfectant is a strong, undiluted solution that contains effective sanitising agents designed to cleanse and sterilise areas where it is applied. It’s also compatible with the empty spray bottles for custom dilutions and practical use.
Disposable Gloves (100)
Disposable gloves are great for providing protection from infection and for handling inorganic chemicals in safety, but also have a wide range of practical applications including food hygiene and preparation tasks.
Antibacterial Hand Soap and Moisturiser 5l
This hand soap is ideal to maintain good hand hygiene in any catering establishment, from bars and cafes to hotels and restaurants. It will kill germs and it is high foaming, but mild to skin. The product includes a build-in moisturiser. It is not perfumed, which makes it ideal for kitchen use. It kills 99.9% of germs and it complied with BSEN 1276.
Thank you for reading!
LEAVE A COMMENT