Eco-Active – Toucan Eco III – 1 Litre Combination Cleaning Solution and Disinfectant Generator
Save hundreds of pounds per year on cleaning chemicals while protecting your family, your business and the environment. An extraordinary innovation that transforms water and salt into the most powerful cleaner and disinfectant on the market.
- Reviews (0)
Toucan Eco -1l
The Toucan Eco system is an electrochemical activation (ECA) disinfectant and cleaning solution that offers the most effective, money saving and environmentally-friendly alternative to synthetic chemicals.
- Fast acting with a 99.999 kill rate of all allergens, E-coli, Salmonella, Staphylococcus aureus, MRSA, Flu Viruses(H1N1), microorganisms as well as spores, viruses, moulds and fungi
- Environmentally friendly non-toxic and non-allergenic making it an excellent product for those with babies, elderly people or just sensitive skin.
- Suitable for all surfaces like chopping boards, high chairs, changing mats, fridge, bins, kitchen sinks, baths and taps and toilet seats, carpets in every room in the house including kitchens, bathrooms, office, classrooms, medical facilities, wet rooms, food preparation areas leaving surfaces clean, sparkling and disinfected
- Meets the requirements of BS EN 1276 and BS EN 13704.
The Toucan Ecosystem is an electrochemical activation (ECA) disinfectant and cleaning solution that offers the most effective, money saving and environmentally-friendly alternative to synthetic chemicals.
Stringent tests undertaken by EU accredited independent laboratories and university research departments have shown it is 99.999% effective against all forms of microorganisms with a very fast contact time and virtually no regrowth.
The solution is great for busy environments which demand a quick, effective cleaning regime, but especially where green credentials are important or harsh cleaning products aren’t suitable.
Our commercial version is available in three sizes, dependent on premises and cleaning usage, its components of water and salt, when activated, produce a solution which is non-toxic and non-hazardous to people and animals.
Where to use it
Today, the adoption of ECA technology is mainstream in many industries. It’s used for general disinfecting and cleaning tasks, disinfecting drinking water, combatting Legionella and other bacteria in water supplies, and it’s even used on cut flowers and fresh foods such as salads and vegetables to prolong shelf life. Companies are now beginning to realise that they don’t have to use toxic, environmentally damaging and expensive synthetic chemicals to disinfect and clean.
Simply using water, salt and a very small power input, these tasks can now be undertaken in an environmentally sensitive and sustainable way to help save costs as well as the planet.
Perhaps even more amazing, this cleaning game changer is also really easy to adopt. The solution is made on site, 24/7 if required. All you need is the correct size machine to suit your cleaning requirements, electricity, water and every day salt.
The Toucan ECA ECO III is designed for small facilities where the daily use of disinfectant and cleaning chemicals are not so high. The kit includes a worktop activation unit, 1 litre container, measuring spoon, mixing rod, spray bottle and some salt to get you started.
How ECA works
The activation process, which is a form of electrolysis, uses ordinary tap water containing dissolved salt (sodium chloride). A small electrical current is applied using a specialised electrolysis cell to produce a hypochlorous acid and sodium hypochlorite solution on demand. This makes a potent, naturally occurring disinfectant, cleaner and sanitiser that’s safe, non-toxic, non-allergenic, environmentally friendly and low cost.
The business case
The main cost of using ECA is the capital expenditure needed for the device. Once installed, the only consumables needed to generate unlimited quantities of the solution are salt, water, and minimum electricity. The cost of production of the activated salt water solution is incredibly low with 750g of ordinary table salt making around 375 litres of disinfectant and cleaning solution
The system is virtually maintenance-free and requires no specialist skills to operate. On-site generation of your own disinfectant and cleaning solution eliminates the need for:
- back-office procurement
- delivery costs
- inventory processes
- waste packaging disposal
- specialist removal of dangerous chemicals
Plus, with no COSHH requirements or costly health and safety training, Toucan ECA is the sustainable and simple choice.
Cost of materials
- Water – Available on site and insignificant in cost
- Salt Usage –30ml of salt brine generates 10 litres of disinfectant and cleaning solution. 10kg of salt tablets will produce approximately 10,000 litres of product (dependent on unit used). Salt costs can be as low as £0.50/kg
- Power consumption – Approx. 50W for three minutes at around 0.05p per litre generated. Electric consumption for 1 litre of solution is less than 5% of a kettle boiling
- Cost of production – Salt usage at 2g/litre = 0.1p. Power usage at 12.4p/kwh = 0.05p. Total cost of production approx. = 0.15p/litre.
How to calculate break-even*
To work out break-even – how long it takes to pay for the capital investment in chemical savings – simply use the following calculation.
Cost of the capital investment / Monthly chemical spend = Months to break even.
For example: £1,500 / £250 = six months to breakeven, after which point saving £250 each month. (This example is based on the Toucan ECA Active).
* Please note, we estimate that the ECA solution will replace 90% of your maintenance disinfectant and cleaning applications, except as a heavy degreaser and descaler. Used daily in commercial kitchens, it will perform well in keeping cooking areas clean of fat and grease deposits
Please press here for more cleaning solutions.
This product will be delivered in 7 working days.
There are no reviews yet.